Monday, February 15, 2010

Bridges.

We are all connected to each other. These connections come in many different forms. If we are lucky, those connections don't fade into oblivion. I am one of those people who appears to have lots of friends...acquaintances really. I suppose it is because I relate to a lot of different people. I love that...

These connections surprise us. Sometimes you connect to a person that is nothing like you, on the surface at least. Then you build a bridge, and you grow, and life continues in the way that it is supposed to.

It breaks my heart when these bridges become weak, or brittle. Sometimes they just need a bit of repair. Other times, they just need to be rebuilt entirely. Even still, some other times they but be destroyed completely. Today I had to burn some bridges. It makes me feel weak--like I couldn't keep them strong, or repair them fast enough. I know that it isn't my fault entirely, but it still hurts a little.

This bridge involved someone I used to love, and the person he loves now. My concern for this person's welfare is still present...but I cannot allow myself to give in to the ignorance of the situation they brought to me. So I deleted every connection to them, after I found that the friendship had been left to spoil for much too long. It SUCKS! Losing a friend in any way, for any reason, really sucks. I'm not the kind to give up easily. But, I grew tired...like we all do.

I guess I just want to say that this should not happen so frequently...I've been lucky enough that it hasn't. If someone is worth your love, your care, and your attention, then maybe that person is also worth the work it takes to maintain that bridge to them. No man is so rich as to throw a friend away. Lol. I love that quote, but I don't know who said it.

"...the people I've met are the wonders of my world.." - Adele

1 comment:

  1. Burning them hurts really bad. But sometimes it's the best thing for everyone .
    I didn't know you had a blog! Yay!

    ReplyDelete